March 2009 Mummies

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

March 2009 Mummies
March 2009 Mummies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Kerala’s famous Ayurveda treatments
Charlie Jack's Birth Story =] EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:24 am by laquan

» scared about cysts/ endemitriosis??
Charlie Jack's Birth Story =] EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:17 pm by toffee69

» Stressing!!!!
Charlie Jack's Birth Story =] EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 11:41 am by Clair_Doyle

» sorry i havent been around much girls
Charlie Jack's Birth Story =] EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:36 pm by *Claire*

» my girls a star!!!!
Charlie Jack's Birth Story =] EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:28 pm by *Claire*

» Having a rant!
Charlie Jack's Birth Story =] EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:27 pm by *Claire*

» Got a real bargain today!
Charlie Jack's Birth Story =] EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 pm by *Claire*

» hello everyone...
Charlie Jack's Birth Story =] EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:21 pm by *Claire*

» post natel depression
Charlie Jack's Birth Story =] EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:58 am by *Claire*

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 12 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:10 am
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Poll
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Charlie Jack's Birth Story =]

Go down

Charlie Jack's Birth Story =] Empty Charlie Jack's Birth Story =]

Post by xJodiemummyof2x Wed May 27, 2009 1:05 pm

This might be abit long lol!

In my 1st pregnancy I was diagnosed with obstetric Cholestasis at 30 weeks so during my 2nd pregnancy I was on the look out for it, and sure enough at 33 weeks it appeared, so I was told I would be induced, also I have big babies so I was given an induction date of 18th March, 10 days before I was actually due Very Happy

So at 8am on the 18th me and dp went to the maternity unit and I was showed to the room I would be staying in and I would deliver my baby in Smile I was put on the monitor for 30 minutes and then examined and given my 1st pessary, I was told my cervix was really soft, which I put down to all the raspberry leaf tea I drank haha! But was also told it was quite far back and it could possibly take 2-3 pessarys to get things moving, which I was totally gutted about, so all that day I walked about and tried to get things going, I was re examined at 4pm and nothing had really happened, so I was given another pessary, after this I started getting slight cramps, which by 8pm had become worse but I was managing, by 11pm I asked the new midwife if I could be examined and she refused saying she thinks they was just pains from the pessarys and not labour, I was so mad but managed to get some sleep, I woke at 7am and I was no longer in pain, so turns out the midwife was right haha!

So thursday 19th I was examined again at 10am and they said my cervix had come forward and so they put another pessary in, I was told if this didnt do anything I wouldnt get another that day and I would be left until the friday morning, I was so gutted and was hoping and praying something would happen! I was put on the monitor for an hour after the pessary and while on there the contractions started, they was only every 3-4 mins apart and I was coping fine with them, so that afternoon I bounced on my birthing ball, by 4:30pm things were really getting going, or so I thought!

I asked to be examined at 6:30pm and I was told she could only get her finger tip inside my cervix, once again I was gutted! She decided to perform a sweep on me there and then, without warning!!! and omg I couldnt believe the pain, she stretched my cervix to 4cms haha! This is when things started properly, at 7pm the pain was unbearable and I was given gas and air, by 7:30pm I needed more pain relief as the pain was so bad so I had pethidine, at 8pm I felt my waters pop and by 8:30pm my body had taken over and was pushing, so I was re examined and told I was only 8-9cms so to try and not push, easier said than done ay! also baby wasnt face down into the bed, he would be born facing upwards, which I was told was more painful! I was re examined at 10pm and was told I was 10cms so i could start pushing now, much to my relief, I started pushing at 10:06pm and at 10:10pm my gorgeous little boy was born Smile However the cord had wrapped tightly round Charlie's neck twice so his face was grey and he was all limp, they took him over to the resucitation station and unwrapped his cord, they then rubbed him with the towel to try and get him breathing, they ended up having to use the oxygen mask, but eventually after what felt like a lifetime we heard our baby cry, it was the most amazing feeling ever, as I truely thought we had lost him, Makes me cry when i think about it but also makes me realise how lucky we are Smile
We had 2 fantastic midwifes and I am so grateful to them for all their hard work, The midwife who had delivered Charlie was suppose to go home an hour and half before he was born but she stayed to deliver him, which I think is the most lovliest thing ever Very Happy

So Charlie Jack Lee Smith was born 19th March 2009 at 10:10pm weighing 8lb 10oz and was 55cms long Smile
xJodiemummyof2x
xJodiemummyof2x

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum